Requisition ID: 4649
The Digital Factory is an innovation hub with a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imaging the customer experience, to deliver new digital value propositions. We have the support and experience of one of the world’s largest banks behind us and a talented, and growing, team of industry leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
Associate Product Owner (APO) Program
We’re looking for influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious adventurous, versatile and responsive; who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. Under our new Associate Product Owner Program we are hiring talented university graduates who can translate business objectives into digital priorities that drive customer experiences.
About the Position
As an Associate Product Owner (APO) you will be part of a team responsible for the creation and incubation of new and partner-led ideas to deliver game-changing solutions for Scotiabank customers.
Over the course of 18 months, you will have the opportunity to work on three challenging and rewarding rotations within three various teams, including the chance to spend one rotation internationally. In your role as an Associate Product Owner, you will act as the intersection between business, technology and the user experience. The experience you gain in the APO program will enable to you build the skills and equip you with the experience necessary to become a Product Owner.
As part of the first APO Class you will have insight in how we design products and bring them to market. As an APO, you will conduct customer and market research, write and refine backlog items, recommend priorities for the roadmap, work with stakeholders to understand business needs and technical dependencies, present your product ideas to the teams, and finally bring the products to market. You will learn by doing and working closely with a team of experts. We’ll provide training, mentoring and different rotations to equip you with the skills to be a Product leader.
What does this mean for you?
- You’ll gain experience in flexing your strategic problem solving skills alongside a team of colleagues who are as equally passionate about what they do
- You’ll have the opportunity to play a large role in developing products for Scotiabank’s 23 million customers
- You’ll get real time mentoring and collaboration with an experienced team
- You’ll be part of an exclusive class of APOs
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain invaluable international work experience
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- A strong affinity for technology and innovation with a passion for creating products
- Highly motivated, self-directed, flexible professional who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple stakeholder needs
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Adaptable and thrive in an ever-changing work environment
- Strong analytical problem solving and exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Recently graduated (no more than six months) from a university program, specialized in engineering, computer science, business, user experience design, analytics or digital marketing.
- Spanish is an asset
Resume, written or video cover letter (format is entirely up to you!) & Undergraduate Transcripts are required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s international bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. Scotiabankers hail from over 120 countries, speak more than 100 languages and serve over 23 million customers globally. As a highly diverse company, we know that an inclusive environment for employees and customers helps everyone achieve their best. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience.