Temporary - Full Time till October 31, 2023
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 10/13/2021 to be considered for this opportunity.
We’re seeking an experienced consultant to lead communications and assist with engagement on a project team exploring small modular reactors. This technology is currently being considered in Saskatchewan for the mid-2030s and beyond.
Our successful candidate will have significant experience developing multifaceted communications strategies that include consultation, advertising and issues management. To be successful in the position, you’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where relationships and results matter. If you love diving into the subject matter while helping to drive big-picture thinking, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
• Provide strategic and confidential consultation and advice on a broad range of multiple functions, while providing creative solutions to the organization related to the management and day-to-day operations of the organization
• Lead and participate in projects identifying current and future business needs, industry best practices, opportunities and challenges of the organization or department(s); providing recommendations and executing operational improvements to methods, systems and procedures that impact SaskPower’s operations and people
• Lead and participate in cross-functional work teams, strategic planning initiatives, workshops and meetings in order to develop innovative and practical business solutions
• Develop, organize and deliver presentations, reports and briefings for internal and external audiences
• Drive and facilitate change, including making change happen throughout the organization through the implementation of strategic projects or initiatives
• Develop and maintain strategic networks and business relationships both internal and external to SaskPower in order to foster a positive and productive work environment
• Provide leadership and direction to project teams, corporate programs and/or assigned staff as required
• Other related duties as assigned
• Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or other related equivalent AND/OR;
• Related professional designation(s) and/or certification(s) AND/OR;
• Five (5) years of related experience in communications and a demonstrated ability to provide strategic communication planning and advice in support of business initiatives
• Team leader and member with the ability to build and maintain strategic relationships both internal and external to SaskPower
• Results oriented thinker, with the ability to manage and provide advice regarding complex and confidential issues with sensitivity and professionalism
• Ability to impact and influence others while holding people accountable
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work and manage in a changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, project management and decision making skills
• Ability to foster a culture focused on safety, innovation and teamwork
• Demonstrated skill in SaskPower’s competencies
• Must have a continuing record of professional development
A suitable combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower has identified competencies that enable performance and success within each out of scope role at SaskPower. For more information on these job family competencies and those that relate to the position that you are applying on, please visit: https://www.saskpower.com/Careers/Join-Our-Team/competencies
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 10/13/2021.