Job Category: Finance
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Work Contract: Reg Full-Time (K1)
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Apply now and we will walk you through the online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested in this employment opportunity please click "email to a friend."
At Cameco, we are committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. We promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily disclose during the application process if they are a member of a designated group (i.e. women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities). In addition, Cameco is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and working environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise the representative of any accommodation measures that would be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Position and Responsibilities
Cameco has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join a highly skilled group in the support of the corporation’s financial reporting. Working within a team of professionals, you will undertake various types of analytical and reporting activities. Located at our head office in Saskatoon, you will collaborate with stakeholders from various corporate departments though no travel is required.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Participate in the monthly close, including the completion of monthly schedules and reconciliations
- Execute financial analysis supporting external disclosures in both quarterly and annual financial statement preparation
- Provide technical assistance to other professionals in the application of complex accounting issues; including researching accounting and reporting issues as they arise and staying abreast of IASB developments
- Support on-going continuous improvement initiatives and projects as required, including proactively participating in identification and development of more efficient, value-add processes
- Comply with established internal controls
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, accounting, finance or a related field
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Possession of or working toward a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Knowledge of international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize assignments, manage multiple deadlines and organize work independently
- Experience using ERP software (SAP) and consolidation systems (Longview)
- Background in researching and applying accounting standards and accounting for complex transactions
- Pro-active approach to potential improvements
- Approach that focuses on the details with the ability to consider the big picture
- Result oriented, proactive, with a mindset of continuous improvement
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression which is appropriate to their qualifications.
Req ID #: 31646
Posted: February 7, 2019
Posting end date: February 21, 2019
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all positions at safety-sensitive sites or in safety-sensitive positions must take and pass a substance test (which includes marijuana testing) as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.