Job Category: IT
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Work Contract: Reg Full-Time (K1)
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Apply now and we will walk you through the online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested in this employment opportunity please click "email to a friend."
At Cameco, we are committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. We promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily disclose during the application process if they are a member of a designated group (i.e. women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities). In addition, Cameco is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and working environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise the representative of any accommodation measures that would be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Position and Responsibilities
Cameco’s business technology services (BTS) department provides vital services to world-wide operations utilizing a variety of technologies to support key operations. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working team-player to join the applications team to administer and support various business capabilities. This is a great opportunity to develop skills in a high demand technology, as well as to interact with the business and understand their needs in order to provide innovative solutions using data modelling and content development.
You will work within a team of technical experts to understand the data requirements and optimise their use within the business departments. Your main area of responsibility will be improving business processes and driving innovation through the use of business intelligence software. You will translate business needs to technical solutions while applying best practices in IT security, governance and change management. This is a growth opportunity with potential to progress your career in the exciting field of information technology.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, operations research, economics or mathematics
- Three years of applicable work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Experience with data curation, report creation, key performance indicator (KPI) development and statistical analysis
- Analytical skills, including strong SQL query knowledge
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse
- Experience with business reporting tools – Power BI, Lumira, Tableau, SSRS or equivalent
- Experience with ETL tools (Datastage, Data services, SSIS, or others)
- Experience working with SAP BI/BW/BPC, Bex Queries
- Exposure to predictive analytics, R language, SAS or equivalent
- Exposure to dimensional data modelling (Kimball)
Req ID #: 31632
Posted: Jan 8, 2019
Posting end date: Jan 29, 2019
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all positions at safety-sensitive sites or in safety-sensitive positions must take and pass a substance test (which includes marijuana testing) as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.