Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, are lifesaving, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too!
We are looking for:
WEB DEVELOPER – FRONT END CLIENT TECHNOLOGY
You enjoy the flexibility that web programming offers and you love to produce designs that delight end users. You demonstrate rigor in the way you approach technical problems and in the software you build. You enjoy working as part of a team and actively participate in the discussions pertaining to planning, design and test strategies. You keep yourself apprised of industry trends and are constantly looking for opportunities to leverage new technologies to accelerate development.
About the team
As a member of the Front-End Client Technology (FCT) team you will be part of a highly collaborative and high performing team. The team’s primary mandate is building out a web client that will eventually supplant our current front end. The FCT team works very closely with product verification (PV) and share responsibility with PV for overall product quality. The team follows Agile principles and engages in scrum ceremonies daily. The team is focused on delivering unit tests with all of the code they write that is also supplemented with E2E tests PV produces. The team stays on top of technical debt by crushing bugs and allocating time to regular refactoring, updating third party libraries etc. In addition to working closely with the PV team, development also collaborates with the Product Management and User Experience (UX) team. It is this collaboration that produces stunning designs that delight end users.
What You’ll Do
- Play an active role in developing the next generation of the RapidResponse client
- Operate as the development prime regarding the design, test strategy and implementation for assigned features
- Move seamlessly between the client and server as you build out new features.
- Write tests to cover the code you write and ensure the feature continues to behave in a predictable and stable manner.
- Identify architectural limitations and propose methods to remedy them
- Participate in envisioning the future of our software and development process and articulating the steps to achieve it
- Play board games over lunch with some of the other enthusiasts (if that’s your thing)
- Perhaps join the lunch time soccer team
- Take advantage of the dedicated training budget to level up your own skill set.
What we are looking for
In addition to a post-secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline, you possess:
- Proven experience developing complex, enterprise grade web applications
- Post-secondary degree where software design is a core competency of the program .e.g. Computer Science or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of ES6, CSS3 and web layout strategies e.g. Flexbox, grid etc.
- Working knowledge of Java and/or C#
- HTTP, SOAP, AJAX and REST web services
- Comfortable working the stack to deliver vertically sliced features
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent team-work and collaboration skills
- Strong self-learning skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation
- Proven record of staying informed of the latest web and mobile technologies
- A sense of fun and the willingness to laugh often!
Highly Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong user interface design, layout and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of libraries such as React, Redux, D3
- Familiarity with Material Design
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Strong experience with automated test frameworks (e.g. NUnit, VSTest, JUnit, Jest)
- Familiarity with NPM and Yarn
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of code coverage measurement tools
If you want to be part of a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk!
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/