Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, are lifesaving, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: Sales Operations Specialist
About the team
The Sales Operations Specialist will collect and manage data so that it can be used to analyze business functions, productivity and redundancies. They will also coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases and to ensure the ethical standards are met.
The Sales Operations Specialist will manage the Kinaxis target accounts to ensure we continue to refresh the target list. Provide regional field supports for APAC and EMEA sales team and work closely with pricing manager to manage the CPQ process.
What You’ll Do
- Assisting with prospecting materials using programs like Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Day-to-day data management in Salesforce
- Be the project manager for sales events such as Sales Academy, SKO
- Account data research for Kinaxis target accounts
- Source new contacts using D&B NetProspex, Hoovers, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn for new Kinaxis target accounts
- Support Sales AEs for updating data and log all activities completed in Salesforce including managing data in CPQ for opportunities
- Operations support for APAC sales, EMEA sales, Renewal and Knowledge Services teams
- Assist with sales metrics and dashboard as needed
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary education in sales, marketing or related field.
- Two to Five years’ relevant experience in field operations, sales, analysis.
- Highly proficient in Salesforce.com.
- High Level of comfort with database mining and manipulation.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and program-solving skills
- Strong graphic design skills considered an asset
- Good collaborative skills and a positive attitude
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and complex processes
- Self-motivated, results-oriented
- Ability to work in fast pace and high-growth environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities, and be willing to “roll-up your sleeves” to drive organizational change
What we have to offer
- Great people – smart, fun, helpful, curious and ambitious. Don’t take our word for it, apply now and find out for yourself J
- Opportunity to innovate – we thrive on change and believe that failure is learning in progress.
- Growth opportunities – we have training, leadership and mentorship programs; we support our people in their goals.
- Many problems for you to solve and be challenged by.
- World-class software and technologies (MI, ML, SaaS, Real Time, Could)
- Stable, reputable and successful company, which is in a growth mode.
- Flexible vacation, Employee share purchase plan, Hackathons, fun environment with lots of company and team events, comprehensive benefits, RRSP company match / 401(k) plan / Pension, Company bonus plan
If you want to be part of a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com