Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, save lives, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: VP, Strategic Development
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the VP of Strategic Development is responsible for exploring and evaluating new innovative technical, analytical, and business opportunities for Kinaxis. He or she will have a propensity for staying current on leading-edge trends in technology and analytics, as well as strategic disruptors and inflection points in relevant industry verticals and adjacencies. The successful candidate will lead a team of technology strategists that have varied expertise across different technologies including Kinaxis RapidResponse, advanced analytics, and business development. The team will demonstrate expertise in driving transformations, producing elaborate documentation and proofs of concept examples of potential strategic opportunities.
Working closely with the Innovation and Architecture team, Product Management, the Customer Center of Excellence, and the Kinaxis Leadership Team, this leader will develop an innovative approach to identifying and evaluating strategic opportunities for possible transition into Kinaxis’ future product roadmap. The VP, Strategic Development will evaluate potential partnerships for joint go-to-market, development or even more integrated business development strategies. Furthermore, the successful candidate, partnering with peers, will also share responsibility for ensuring that the strategic direction for the company is set and synthesized in a concise and easy-to-communicate way that the organization can seamlessly translate into action.
The VP of Strategic Development will play a critical role in crafting Kinaxis’ future and as such must also demonstrate the ability to deal with highly confidential information.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of experts to explore new ideas and their applicability to Kinaxis, including new applications of existing Kinaxis’ technologies
- Develop deep understandings of advances in technology and analytics, and share with the team
- Identify potential strategic opportunities in line with our strategic vision, including but not limited to joint ventures, extended partnerships, divestitures, and mergers & acquisitions
- Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Leverage academic and industry thought leaders
- Utilize RapidResponse and other technologies/coding platforms for developing proof of concepts
- Prepare recommendations, including presentations, data analysis, supporting metrics, business requirements and related impact analyses on viability of rapid prototypes and proof of concepts
- Communicate opportunities and findings within Kinaxis and for selected external events
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain or relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in technology development, process innovation, advanced analytics or similar
- 5+ years of relevant experience leading technical teams
- Technological familiarity with SaaS and distributed systems
- Familiarity with coding in relevant languages, RapidResponse authoring
- Strong project management skills, including diligence in technical documentation
- Excellent team-work and collaboration skills
- Strong self-learning skills
- Strong ability to share knowledge
- Self-starter with strong initiative and a focus on delivering results
- Propensity to learn, explore and be curious
- Strong executive communication skills
If you want to be part of a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com