Kinaxis® is a leading-edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse® on demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include Cisco, Ford, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent to name just a few. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation world class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth mean that we are expanding and we are currently looking for:
IT Support Representative
As a member of our Global IT team, you will provide remote technical support to help our employees with the effective use of their computer, hardware, software and network. You will be responsible for providing desktop support, systems support, network support, security support and application support.
What You’ll Do
- Serving as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone, ticketing system or by email with the potential for the occasional in person.
- Remotely install and configure Kinaxis approved software and hardware
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and by asking pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details available
- Provide end user training in IT services
- Testing and documenting business/IT systems and processes
- Implement defined hardware and software solutions
- Adapt IT solutions to meet user requirements
- Interact with local and international vendors
Things You Should Have
- A diploma in a related discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience in a customer-focused environment
- Experience in providing remote IT support to a global workforce
- Strong knowledge in MS Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Windows 2012R2), server hardware and software architectures, MS Office products, O365, encryption and antivirus solutions, Mac OSx, Apple and Android OS, VPN, remote access and collaboration tools such as Skype for Business or MS Teams
- Experience in working from a ticketing system
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to work in a team while being a remote employee
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work on concurrent tasks
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt rapidly to a dynamic and changing environment
- Available for on-call rotation and for some travel
- Access to a quite area to work in with an internet connection with a minimum of 30 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload speeds
- Successful candidate must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (SOC2, CGRP, etc.)
Things That Would Definitely Help
MCP or MSCE Certifications in Mobility, Data and Core infrastructure.