Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, save lives, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: Software Developer – Data Visualization
About the team
Kinaxis is looking for a talented developer to work on the Data Visualization team. The team is responsible for finding innovative ways to analyze vast amounts of data and representing them in a visual way so that it creates actionable insights. The uniqueness of the team is that it performs at the intersection of bleeding edge technology and real business problems. If you are passionate about data visualization and are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow—this challenge is for you.
What you will do
- Innovate on a greenfield project to conceptualize and prototype the product’s next-gen visualization capabilities
- Deliver a vertical slice of functionality starting from requirements gathering, design and development, to testing and delivery
- Identify architectural limitations and propose designs to remedy them
- Collaborate closely with your agile team members on feature development and bug fixes
- Emphasize maintainability and extendibility of codebase during design and implementation
- Ensure high quality code and test coverage through techniques like test-driven development and automated testing
- Maintain and develop tools for testing and debugging
Technologies we use
- C++ for core development, with a little C# and R
- State of the art in-memory analytics technology
- Visual Studio, JIRA, Confluence, Git
- Sophisticated internal testing tools to validate correctness and performance
- Virtual and cloud infrastructure for development, support and testing
What we are looking for
- Good knowledge of object-oriented design
- Experience with visualization libraries such as D3, Highcharts, Viz.js or Cytoscape
- Familiarity with NodeJS / NPM / Yarn
- Technical aptitude to make the correct selection of data structures and algorithms
- Insatiable drive to build highly-performant, interactive visualizations
- Good collaborative skills and positive attitude
- Strong initiative and drive to get things done!
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Java and test automation frameworks such as Junit, Selenium or Jest
- Experience with visualization tools, software or libraries to better understand big data
- Knowledge of Angular/AngularJS/React/Vue/Redux
- Familiarity with Git or similar version control system
- Customer focus, with a sensibility for UI and UX
What we have to offer
- Friendly and supportive team members
- On-site gym facilities, personal training, core strengthening and yoga classes
- Friday treats
- Free coffee, tea, pop, organic fruits and bottled water
- Ping pong and foosball tables
- Hockey and soccer teams
- Hackathon week to write cool code for something different and fun that is YOUR idea!
If you want to be part of a team that supports you, motivates you, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com