Kinaxis® is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse® on-demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include Cisco, Sikorsky, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Our world-class product comes in two flavours – a responsive web application built with the latest technologies and a powerful and sophisticated Java application. It runs on laptops, tablets and phones.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation features of world class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for:
Full Stack Web Developer
What You Will Do:
- Move seamlessly between the client and server as you build out new features.
- Write tests to cover the code you write and ensure the feature continues to behave in a predictable and stable manner.
- Identify architectural limitations and propose methods to remedy them
- Assist the team in leveling up their web skills
- Participate in envisioning the future of our software and development process and articulating the steps to achieve it
- Play board games over lunch with some of the other enthusiasts (if that’s your thing)
- Perhaps join the lunch time soccer team
- Take advantage of the dedicated training budget to level up your own skill set.
Come join a fun, talented team and work on an innovative product! Global companies could be using the features you create daily!
- Operate as the development prime regarding the design, test strategy and implementation for assigned features
- Ensure high code quality through techniques like test-driven development and automated testing
- Be an active participant in the planning and estimation of development work
- Participate in Agile/Scrum processes and ceremonies
- Crush bugs
- Proven experience developing complex, enterprise grade web applications
- Post-secondary education where software design is a core competency of the program .e.g. Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Proven experience leading development of a complex feature
- Working knowledge of ES6, CSS3 and web layout strategies e.g. Flexbox, grid etc.
- Working knowledge of Java and/or C#
- HTTP, SOAP, AJAX and REST web services
- Comfortable working the stack to deliver vertically sliced features
- Solid knowledge of object oriented programming, design patterns and refactoring strategies
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent team-work and collaboration skills
- Strong self-learning skills
- Strong ability to share knowledge and mentor other developers
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation
- Proven record of staying informed of the latest web and mobile technologies
- A sense of fun and the willingness to laugh often!
Highly Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong user interface design, layout and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of libraries such as React, Angular / AngularJS , Redux, RxJS, D3
- Familiarity with Material Design
- Knowledge of TypeScript and Sass
- Strong experience with automated test frameworks (e.g. NUnit, VSTest, JUnit, Jasmine, Jest)
- Familiarity with NodeJS / NPM / Yarn
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Broad knowledge of the latest user interface technologies
- Knowledge of code coverage measurement tools