Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, save lives, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: Learning Architect
The Learning Architect is responsible for building, leading and delivering learning programs that drive high RapidResponse user adoption. Working with large, high profile clients and partners, you will drive realized value from Kinaxis solutions by delivering high quality and complex adoption programs. Focusing on building Centers of Excellence (COEs) within our ecosystem, these programs are continuous and include performance gap analysis, program management, customization, delivery, mentoring/coaching, and proven practice advisory services.
In this role, you will also advise and support systems development, data integration and production support teams (both internal and external) by designing content, building performance improvement programs, and delivering training on complex and advanced topics. This would include planning continuous learning programs that build expertise through training, on the job practice, and continuous coaching and mentoring. Topics will include software applications training, as well as supply chain methodology and business processes.
What you will do:
- Present high quality programs, including workshop-style education, to Kinaxis customers, partners and employees on the RapidResponse product with audiences spanning new to advanced users.
- Advocate the creation of COEs by providing support (technical training, mentoring/coaching, sharing proven practices) with employees, clients, and partners.
- Design and deliver solutions including, but not limited to, engagement scoping, training environment configuration, customization and development of customer-specific training, adoption evaluation, client change management and project management.
- Maintain knowledge of Kinaxis applications, training techniques, and the supply chain management industry.
- Lead the onboarding, delivery, analysis, and execution of learning programs & solutions configured to ensure they meet client expectations.
- Drive activities aligned to the Kinaxis agile implementation methodology and continue to execute throughout the system lifecycle according to the Knowledge Services delivery framework.
- Review and assess monthly customer analytics for performance improvement and recommend next steps.
- Focus on driving certification to further promote the user adoption of RapidResponse.
- Collaborate with other members of cross-functional project teams comprised of customers, partners and employees.
- Identify, plan and execute continuous improvement processes to products being taught/delivered as a part of a continuous learning program.
- Engage customers at different roles and levels to drive alignment and plan execution across the organization.
- Nurture relationships with customers, partners, and cross-functional colleagues.
- Contribute to Kinaxis’ knowledge network, intellectual property and assets through design and development of content in various formats supporting adoption programs.
- Communicate feedback or product ideas obtained from programs.
- Compile customer feedback and assess program effectiveness.
- Collaborate and provide feedback on standard training materials as well as custom content.
- Demonstrate an ability to work without immediate supervision.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field
- Extensive experience in delivery of software training ranging from end user to deep technical roles.
- Considerable experience in the design and implementation of customized Learning & Development programs for global customers.
- Ability to identify value for a customer and develop adoption programs that can be used to support COEs.
- Project management expertise including, risk mitigating, resource planning, and mobilizing resources to quality work against a tight deadline
- Self-motivated and able to work with and communicate effectively with a variety of technical and creative individuals
- A passion for training with a proven ability to be a trusted advisor with customers, working alongside them to provide both foundational product training and accelerate skills development
- Successful experience in relationship management across a range of levels
- Strong organizational skills and excellent at follow up and attention to detail
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent facilitation and presenting skills
- Ability to recognize and implement realistic and practical “real world” solutions
- Ability to work effectively with globally distributed teams
- Ability to work virtually with 50%+ to include destinations worldwide, a valid passport is required
Things That Would Definitely Help:
- Experience in electronics/high-tech manufacturing industries such as EMS, OEM hardware, etc. or experience in industrial, automotive, pharmaceutical, aerospace and defense industries is an asset
- Detailed knowledge of functional supply chain solutions such as ERP/MRP, Sales and Operations Planning, Demand Planning, Aggregated Supply Planning, Order Fulfilment, Capacity Planning, Inventory Management, and managing planning activities with distributors and contract manufacturers is an asset
- SAP ECC/APO implementation experience or other major ERP implementations is an asset
- Experience working with relational databases and strong SQL skills
- Relevant experience in Supply Chain Management, demand management, and/or business software consulting
- CompTia CTT+ certification
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification
- Kinaxis RapidResponse Contributor, Author and Administration certification
If you want to be part of a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com