Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, save lives, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: Data Server Developer
About the team
The Data Server team puts the Rapid into RapidResponse®. This is especially relevant in today’s world of big data. But ever-increasing volumes of data involve more than just size. Speed is an equally important aspect of big data – the speed at which data is generated, selected, stored, and retrieved. The Query Engine is responsible for selecting and moving that data to where it can be visualized, analyzed, and updated in RapidResponse. Effectively harnessing today’s multi-core CPUs is a key aspect of delivering scalable, high-performance query results.
So we continue to improve the proprietary in-memory database and query engine – fast, efficient, able to handle large amounts of data, and optimized to outperform numerous ERP systems on the market.
These are exciting times for our team as we are working on the next generation architecture for the Data Server, and we are growing our team to achieve our goals faster.
Our team is based out of our head office in Ottawa but we will consider candidates located anywhere within Canada. We offer relocation assistance or a possibility of working remotely.
What you will do
- Shape features of the next generation clustered architecture for greater scalability
- Balance complexity, execution time, and memory footprint to deliver performant solutions
- Design algorithms and data structures that minimize memory footprint and perform efficiently
- Enable smooth continuous operations of the Data Server in a multi-threading environment
- Advance your knowledge and application of C++ to optimize the code to achieve the above goals
- Collaborate closely with your Agile team members and other Stakeholders
Technologies We Use
- C++ for core development
- C# for some infrastructure and testing
- Visual Studio, JIRA, Confluence, Git
- Sophisticated internal testing and automation tools to validate correctness and performance
- Virtual and cloud infrastructure for development, support and testing
- Ridiculously powerful workstations for development (quad-core, 64GB RAM, SSDs, dual monitors)
What we are looking for
- Experience writing efficient C++ for optimal memory/CPU usage
- Experience working in multi-threaded environment on Windows
- Ability to create and communicate high level designs, then implement them with attention to details
- Understanding of what’s going on “behind the scenes” at the RAM and system level for algorithms you write
- Drive to find best solutions – via innovation, collaboration, and/or use of existing proven to work frameworks/ algorithms/patterns
- Good communication and teaming skills
- A desire for your work to make a difference in the world
- Nice to have:
If you want to be part a team that supports you, motivates you, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com