Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, save lives, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: Test Developer - Server
About the team
Our server is truly the foundation of our company. Its key strengths of speed and collaboration are the “Wow!” aspects of our product.
As a member of our QA team, you will be one of the “behind-the-scenes wizards” who propel forward our core technology – you will contribute by developing automated tests to ensure exceptional product quality that delights customers world-wide! You will investigate, implement and enhance the test infrastructure, coding concepts and best practices.
What you will do
- Review and understand server feature requirements.
- Review product specification and requirements.
- Create test plan/strategies for new functionality.
- Plan and implement new automated server tests, primarily in NUnit using C# and C++.
- Provide support and maintenance for previous product releases.
- Contribute to a variety of test activities throughout the feature development lifecycle, including maintaining test environments, executing performance tests, participating in system test activities, coding best practices, process enhancements etc.
- Contribute ideas, initiatives and feedback when developing unit tests.
- Ability to challenge or provide technical input during dev and test development.
What we are looking for
- A degree in computer science with experience in a software development or test position.
- Proficiency in programming techniques/languages (C# and C++).
- Automated test experience, including a unit test framework such as NUnit or JUnit.
- Database and SQL knowledge is key to this role.
- The ability to ‘think outside the box’ is crucial in this fast paced environment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation.
- Exposure to manufacturing/fulfillment business requirements/practices is a definite asset.
- Good collaborative skills and positive attitude
- Strong initiative and drive to get things done!
Here is what your day may be like:
- Start with fresh coffee in the employee’s lounge
- Join a stand-up and catch-up with your whole team on Sprint progress
- Write elegant automated tests for cool new features
- Write automated tests that ensure rock-solid quality of your creation
- Make it run fast and efficiently – improve it if bottlenecks are found
- Take lunch in employee lounge – and watch TV, chat with others, grab some fresh organic fruits
- Talk over with other team members your ideas
- Write some more code, while sipping on any of the freely available soft drinks
- Shake it up by playing table-tennis, foosball, or arcade games if that is your thing
- On Hackathon days write more cool code for something different and fun that is YOUR idea!
If you want to be part a team that supports you, motivates you, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com