Kinaxis® is revolutionizing the supply chain planning industry by breaking down functional silos of data, people, and processes. Our unique leading edge cloud platform enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent global customers include Toyota, Cisco, Ford, Qualcomm, and Nokia to name just a few. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established public company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding.
We are currently looking for:
Product Performance Architect
RapidResponse is a world-class product that relies on a high performing in-memory database. Maintaining tight control of issues related to performance and scalability are urgent to the success of this product. The Product Performance Architect is the owner of all aspects of performance and scalability of RapidResponse, including the ability to measure key performance metrics, identify problem areas that impact performance, and recommend changes that are required to address them. This is a strategically critical role and requires long-term vision for the performance management strategy.
The Product Performance Architect will be a member our Technical Architect Council and report directly to the Vice President of Product Development.
What you will do:
- Defining and implementing a comprehensive performance and scalability test strategy for RapidResponse.
- Identifying, measuring and evaluating key performance metrics that will be monitored and reported on regularly as an indicator of the product’s ability to meet specific SLAs, and the state of the product from a performance and scalability perspective over time.
- Defining strategy and direction to execute performance benchmarks against releases under development with the goal of catching performance or scalability problems introduced into the product before the product reaches customers.
- Identifing bottlenecks in the product contributing to performance or scalability issues, and makeing specific recommendations to the product development team about changes to the product architecture or implementation.
- Delivering customer-facing performance report providing comprehensive insight into the performance and scalability of the product, along with recommendations on environment requirements and tuning for optimal product performance.
- Collaborating with product performance, solution performance, product development and senior members of the product development team.
What we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10-15 years dealing with software architectural issues for enterprise software products.
- Deeply knowledgeable in all tiers of software architecture comprising web, application server, and database tiers
- Deep understanding of web and mobile interface technologies
- Deep understanding of windows OS tuning and hardware benchmarking
- Deep understanding of database tuning and performance analysis techniques.
- Deep understanding of performance monitoring and profiling tools such as JMeter, or similar tools.
- Direct experience designing, building and implementing a performance testing framework.
- Exposure to automated testing against enterprise UI web and mobile applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skill.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to own and self-manage daily tasks.
- Team player in a high demanding fast paced environment.
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with JIRA, Confluence, SVN and Git.
If you want to be part a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.