Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, are lifesaving, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: Architect, SaaS Linux Systems
About the team
As the Architect of Kinaxis’ SaaS Linux Systems, you will act as a technical expert to design and implement the x86 systems solutions required to support the Kinaxis’ SaaS solution. You will be responsible to provide mentorship to other technical resources and assist the management team in establishing learning and development plans. The successful candidate has proven experience in research, design and implement of hardware, software and cloud based solutions. In addition, you have the programming (scripting) proficiency that essential to the position.
The Architect, SaaS Systems design considerations includes architecture, implementation, scale out operational planning, solutions availability, application of security policies and governance framework.
What you will do
- Act a technical expert within the SaaS Operations Group
- Train and mentor SaaS and R&D team members on new technologies introduced
- Guide Kinaxis’ SaaS leadership through major technological changes
- Take ownership of complex issues escalated by the SaaS Operations group to ensure their timely resolution
- Design and develop orchestration tools for systems solution to enable efficient deployment and management of our SaaS offering at scale
- Build and maintain administration guides and process documents
- Ensure availability, reliability, security, and scalability of different environments (Production, Lab, Etc.) to meet business requirements
- Integrate hardware management to Kinaxis automation/orchestration framework
- Design solutions that support and enable SaaS Business Continuity and Disaster Recover Plans objectives
- Provide timely status updates to Senior Management
- Work in close collaboration with Kinaxis’ R&D group
- Accountable for ensuring the solutions design of all SaaS Systems deployment meets the appropriate security, capacity and availability requirements
What we are looking for
- Hands on experience to architect and design a SaaS systems platform, including orchestration of large number of components in complex and high velocity environment
- Well-versed with modern SaaS technologies such as networking, load balancers, database, monitoring, virtualization, storage, encryption, configuration management, application and system provisioning.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT, including 5 with a SaaS/Hosting organization
- Minimum 5 years of experience with large scale systems deployment
- Experience with systems deployment automation solution
- Experience with network technologies (firewall, switches, router, load balancers)
- Experience with administrating Linux environments (Redhat, CentOS)
- Familiarity with Information Security and Governance industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., NIST, ISO27001)
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to realign technical priorities rapidly to meet evolving business requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to work on-call and support of the SaaS infrastructure
- Possess a valid passport and available to travel in the US and other countries for Data Center maintenances and deployments
- Successful candidate must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (SOC2, CGRP, etc.)
Technologies we use
- Scripting languages (Bash, Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
- System configuration management and deployment solutions (Puppet, Chef, Chocolatey).
- Containers technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Operating Systems for x86 systems (Linux and Microsoft Windows)
Things that would definitely help
- RHCE certification an asset
- Experience operating with the ITIL framework, Certification is an asset
If you want to be part a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com