Job title: Principal Software Developer
Division/function: Research & Development (DF0007)
Business unit / department: Platforms Solutions (BU0034)
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With nearly 1,900 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions and has the largest active assurance deployment. Our broad portfolio of intelligent hardware and software solutions enable our customer’s network transformations related to fiber, 5G, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
We are looking for a highly talented and self-motivated DevOps/SRE engineer with experience in building, deploying and monitoring enterprise applications in the Cloud.
What you’ll do:
- Automatic integration and delivery using CI/CD, manual and automatic deployment and maintenance of multiple AWS cloud-based products
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms
- Identify and implement various DevOps and DevSecOps best practices
- Implement various functional and technical product logging, monitoring KPIs/Metrics
- Implement monitoring and health checks to make sure that the infrastructures are performing at optimal levels and provide reports that show uptime and status of infrastructures.
- Coordinate with production/CloudOps team for deploying, upgrading and maintaining the applications in production environment
- Delivering value more rapidly to the end-user and getting tangible results for their organization’s business (DORA metrics)
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable pipelines
- You should have a learning habit to explore new tools, technologies, cloud offerings. You should approach those proactively and with passion.
- Accelerate and facilitate a development and deployment process.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent understanding and hands-on of major DevOps Tools, GitLab, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Package Registries, SonarQuebe
- Expertise and advanced knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- In-depth expertise in building CI/CD pipeline with Infrastructure as code using Terraform, SWARM, Packer, Ansible Playbook
- In-depth expertise in Observability - Grafana, Prometheus, ELK/EFK, CloudWatch.
- Working knowledge on databases (Oracle, MongoDB) and query language (SQL)
- In-depth expertise and advanced knowledge of AWS (AWS Lambda, S3, IAM, EC2, AMI, ECS, EKS, ELB, WAF, Route53, ACM, VPC, Athena, Glu, Secrets, KMS)
- Experience in working in Scrum, SAFe® and can contribute to all phases of the DevOps lifecycle.
- DevSecOps thinking where security features are incorporated from the beginning.
- Work collaboratively with a Product Owner, Architects, design, testing, and other teams.
- Excellent communication skills with excellent verbal and written English.
- Willingness to learn new tools and process
Pertinent experience: Minimum 10+ years of the overall experience. Must have 5+ years of experience and certification in DevOps/SRE.
BE/B Tech/ MCA. Comp Science (Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Electronics & Telecom will be preferred).
EXFO is an equal opportunity employer.
Thanks for your interest in EXFO.
If you have questions, please write us at careers@EXFO.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon.