Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Assignment : Temporary, 12 months contract
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing general accounting support in the areas of treasury, accounts payable and other general accounting functions, in order to support the Finance function in meeting its organizational objectives.
- Organize and execute a variety of activities including preparing reports, documents, maintaining ledgers, and reconcilization of accounts, to support the organization's financial accounting requirements.
- Provide support in the areas of accounts payable and receiveables when needed.
- Maintain electronic financial records, reports, queries and databases.
- Maintain documentation inventory per established corporate records management procedures.
- Job Knowledge
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Attention to detail and precision
- Accounting Rules/Guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages
- Proficiency in applicable computer applications, tools and related office softwares (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.)
- Accounting Systems
- Document Management
- Records Management Standards and Procedures
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience.
- Practical experience applying relevant accounting practices in areas such as journal entries, reconciliations, year-end scheduling, accruals and sales tax.
- Sound knowledge of business financial software, such SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling modules.
- Knowledge of applicable procedures, rules, standards and practices with respect to performing duties.
- High School Diploma and Post-Secondary Studies en Financial Accounting
Projected Start Date: 07/02/2019
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Pay Grade : O&M 4
Salary range:$CAN31.09/hour (min) to $CAN33.61/hour (max)
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation endorses the principles of Employment Equity.