Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Assignment : Permanent
The Financial Analyst assists in the coordination of the Head Office and Regional Manageable Costs Budget Process. Supports and analyzes manageable costs, assists with the quarterly variance and forecasting process and prepares financial statements and performs ad hoc special financial analysis.
- Prepares tools, data and documentation in support of the Manageable Costs Budget Process: spreadsheets, budget models, templates, instruction letters, timetables, and workbooks;
- Carries out financial impact analysis of business decisions (cost/benefit);
- Analyses the quarterly variance and forecast reports and data related to management costs and operational costs
- Maintains the fixed asset database, the SAP master data, the investment income process and prepares various reconciliations;
- Assists with the month end closing process including preparation of internal financial statements.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Budgets/Cost Control
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Forecasting
- Attention to detail and precision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages
Experience and knowledge
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in the preparation of budgets, the consolidation and analysis of variance reports as well as financial analysis;
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation including bank reconciliations;
- Knowledge of the complete accounting cycle, closing year-end, and external auditor files;
- Thorough computer knowledge in the use of MS Office suite (particularly Excel), Intranet, Internet, SAP, and other software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Completion or currently completing the CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) is a strong asset.
Projected start date: 03/25/2019
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Dedicated to the principles of employment equity. the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation is committed to building an inclusive, barrier-free workplace and encourages women, members of a visible minority group, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities to apply.