Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Assignment : Temporary 2+ years
As an Application Analyst-Information Systems, you will participate in the design, installation and maintenance of custom and pre-packaged software applications and components.
More specifically you will:
- Lead small projects or participates in larger projects as required.
- Develop system specifications, detailed designs and test plans.
- Assist in the installation and/or maintenance of various enterprise level software systems (Open Text, SAP).
- Perform modifications and develops enhancements, interfaces, reports and system translations as required.
- Provide support and training to users on using the systems preferably in language of their choice.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the systems, tools and development methodologies.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Testing and Troubleshooting
- Critical Thinking
- Acquiring Information
- Attention to detail and precision
- Initiative and autonomy
- Advanced proficiency in applicable computer programs and related office software
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages
Experience and knowledge
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in application development (Web development, Object Oriented development, etc);
- A mininum of three (3) years of experience in project management in an application development and support environment;
- Experience in providing support and training to users on systems;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of enterprise level software systems (Open Text Content Server, SAP ERP)and experience in the installation and/or maintenance of these systems is a solid asset.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field
- MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solution Developer) or equivalent would be an asset.
Projected start date: 11/19/2018
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Dedicated to the principles of employment equity. the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation is committed to building an inclusive, barrier-free workplace and encourages women, members of a visible minority group, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities to apply.