People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan of People, Place, and Prosperity, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to make the City of Cambridge a place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
What you will be doing
- Responds (principal contact) to counter, telephone and e-mail complaints or problems from staff or public relating to all non-parking related municipal by-laws. Provides direction and advice in resolving by-law concerns.
- Inputs confidential records, complaints and relevant notes into the computerized tracking system.
- Checks, processes, completes and signs applications for issuance of pool and mobile sign permits based on interpretation of applicable by-laws and codes. Calculates and collects fees.
- Inputs data for demolition control authorization.
- Updates ‘Short Form Wording and Set Fines’ booklet as by-laws changes or are created.
- Provides administrative support including attending nightly meetings and minute taking
- Supports Parking Administration with answering questions relating to parking/tickets when required.
High school Grade 12 diploma plus an additional concentrated study of over one and up to two years in Municipal Law Clerk
Experience and Knowledge
Two years’ administrative experience required.
Successful completion of additional business courses is an asset.
Experience and competency in:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Ticket Tracer
- ARIS MTO Programs
Skills that you will rely on
We will ask you for these items if you are hired
Proof of your current and valid certificate(s) and/or educational qualifications.
Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training certificate from the Ministry of Labour.
- The hourly range of this position is $27.95 to $29.70 (Canadian Union for Public Employees Local 1882 Grade 5).
Hours of work
This is a temporary position, available effective immediately until approximately June 15, 2018, working 35 hours per week, in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Currently, the hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Advertisement expiration date
This posting closes on Monday, January 22, 2018.
Accommodation needs and protection of privacy
The City of Cambridge is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please make your needs known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Division.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and used solely to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Cambridge only.