People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan of People, Place, and Prosperity, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to make the City of Cambridge a place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
What you will be doing
- Telephone and counter reception duties
- Takes various registrations and verifies all transactions. Balances and accounts for all monies for his/her shift
- Responsible for the security of the building, unlocking and locking all areas as required, arming and disarming security system
- Assist with accidents and incidents as required
- Familiar with building emergency procedures
- Takes accurate accounts of statistics
- Assists with occasional typing and filing as assigned by facility clerk
- Responsible for the smooth operations of evening/weekend programs and rentals
Note: Location of work is to be determined.
High school Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
Experience and Knowledge
- One year experience in reception/clerical role
- Customer service skills
- Accounting or cash handling skills would be an asset
We are looking for these certificates
Standard First Aid, CPR C, AED
We will ask you for these items if you are hired
Current and valid Police Information Check to be provided prior to commencement in this position.
Proof of your current and valid certificate(s) and/or educational qualifications.
Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training certificate from the Ministry of Labour.
Rate of pay
The hourly rate for this position is $16.10. (2018 Rate)
Hours of work
Hours of work will be scheduled by the supervisor, or designate to assist with evening and weekend coverage as needed. There are no minimum hours of work associated with this position.
Advertisement expiration date
The City of Cambridge accepts applications for this position throughout the year and hires motivated and enthusiastic people on an as needed basis.
Accommodation needs and protection of privacy
The City of Cambridge is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please make your needs known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Division.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and used solely to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Cambridge only.