People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan, Cambridge Connected, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to help the City of Cambridge achieve our vision: A place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
The incumbent will contribute to the Service Cambridge team by configuring and leveraging systems/programs, within Service Cambridge, in order to drive improvement, maintain systems, work with Information Technology and contractors to build additional functionalities, and ensure that systems are functioning on a daily basis.
This position will be responsible for maintaining and updating the HEAT CRM, Active Net, Service Cambridge GIS Map, Service Cambridge Portal, the Point of Sale System and any other system used by Service Cambridge.
What you will be doing
- Work on programs and systems required for Service Cambridge. Configure programs in order to drive improvement and build new functionality to meet business needs.
- Work with I.T. staff, marketing staff, and external contractors to help maintain Service Cambridge systems.
- Work with other departments to transition the workload from other areas into Service Cambridge
- Create supporting documentation, Knowledge Base articles and “how-to” videos on how to use the various systems within Service Cambridge.
- Provide troubleshooting support when needed to internal staff and perform testing to reproduce issues.
- Provide customer service to internal departments and internal team members to resolve technical system issues.
- Improve ActiveNet and the HEAT CRM features by providing ideas and feedback to the management team.
- Understand and refine customer’s technical requirements, perform project feasibility studies and recommend technologies and solutions that will solve the city’s unique problems.
- Work on transitioning Class POS to ActiveNet/Other and liaise with the respective department to see that through to completion
- In consultation w/Director and/or Consultant develop and maintain a Customer Service Portal that integrates with the HEAT CRM, the website within the Service Cambridge department.
- Prepare and present demonstrations and technical presentations as needed.
- Provide training to internal staff and customer service representatives on how to use the systems and access the improvements made.
- Liaise with other municipalities to gain best practices and see what improvements (to the HEAT CRM, Customer Service Portal, POS System and ActiveNet System) can be made in order to drive improvemt
- Create and install emergency phone messages when phones or other systems are down. Coordinate with Communications to send messages to the public when needed.
- Conduct public consultation sessions/forums when necessary to get feedback from the public on the Customer Service Portal and other customer facing tools.
Three year College Diploma in Business Administration or Similar
Experience and Knowledge
A minimum of 2 years' experience with Customer Relationship Mnagement Systems (CRMs), Point-of-Sale Systems, Customer Portals, ActiveNet, and basick HTML experience.
Completion of formal ITIL Certification or PMP Certification would be considered an asset.
We will ask you for these items if you are hired
Proof of your current and valid certificate(s) and/or educational qualifications.
Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness Training Certificate from the Ministry of Labour (may be obtained post offer)
Annual salary range of $61,367 to $65,221 (Canadian Union for Public Employees Local 1882 Grade 7).
Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, travel benefits; long term disability; accidental death and dismemberment and life insurance.
Enrolment in Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS).
Hours of work
Based on a 35 hour work week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Advertisement expiration date
This advertisement expires January 21, 2019.
Accommodation needs and protection of privacy
The City of Cambridge welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please make your needs known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Division.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and used solely to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Cambridge only.