People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan of People, Place, and Prosperity, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to make the City of Cambridge a place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
What you will be doing
- Positively engage with children providing play-based, age appropriate activities.
- Utilize developmentally appropriate child guidance strategies.
- Promote the healthy development of children.
- Follow safety supervision basics and ensure safety of program to participants
- Practice a preventative approach to safety and in the event deal with accidents and incidents as required including completing proper documentation.
- Ensure accurate, timely and complete submission of all forms and records including but not limited to child behavior reports, sign in/out documentations and participant information.
- Maintain an environment that is safe, clean and in good repair and a neat and tidy workspace at all times
- Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues as well as parents/guardians about a child’s experience. This includes oral and written communication is necessary.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum two months’ experience working with children.
- An interest or discipline in the activity through volunteering or participation is an asset.
We are looking for these certificates
High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development
Standard First Aid, CPR C, AED
We will ask you for these items if you are hired
Current and valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check to be provided prior to commencement in this position.
Proof of your current and valid certificate(s) and/or educational qualifications.
Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training certificate from the Ministry of Labour.
Rate of pay
The hourly rate for this positon is $14.00 per hour. (2018 Rates)
Hours of work/Location
Hours are dependent on the number of participants taking part in our programs; as such, there are no minimum hours associated with this position.
This position is located at the John Dolson Centre and WG Johnson Centre.
Advertisement expiration date
This posting expires August 28, 2018.
Note: If you are a current City of Cambridge employee, be sure to apply through cityONE (My HR Portal).
Accommodation needs and protection of privacy
The City of Cambridge is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please make your needs known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Division.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and used solely to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Cambridge only.