Province: Quebec (CA-QC)
Assignment : Temporary (18 months)
The Coordinator, Facilities and Fleet is responsible to provide daily supervision to the Facilities & Fleet team, including leadership, coordination, planning, technical expertise, support and complex issue resolution, towards the achievement of the department's mandate and objectives.
- Provide daily leadership and supervision to team members in the execution of the department’s mandate, workload and objectives related to the function.
- Manage day to day performance, including the application of safety practices, staff attendance, and work standards and methods according to policies & procedures.
- Coordinate resources for the purpose of meeting deliverables, by assigning work to various team members, tracking progress and correcting discrepancies/gaps as required.
- Oversee the coordination and work executed by contractors as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise to other departments as required.
- Provide input on budget preparations and ensure proper expenditures, including monitoring and reporting cost overruns such as overtime, expenditures, equipment.
- Team Leadership
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Results Focus
- Customer Focus
- Building Maintenance
- Fleet Maintenance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ability to communicate efficiently both verbally and in writting in the language(s) of the position's location
- Proficiency in applicable computer applications, tools and related office softwares (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.)
- Inspection and Maintenance Procedures
- Contract Management
- Work Orders
- Contractor Oversight
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of four (4) to five (5) years civil maintenance experience and managing building/equipment repair contracts.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of building maintenance, canal operations, road maintenance and fleet management.
- Familiarity with applicable standards, rules, codes and regulations with respect to performing duties.
- College Diploma in Industrial Construction & Maintenance Mechanics or Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Additional post-secondary courses in Supervision/Leadership
- Eligible for professional designation/licensing in a related field
- Valid Class G (ON) or Class 5 (QC) driver's license and insurable driving record
- 37.5 hours per week
- Mix of indoors and outdoors work environment
- Job may involve working at heights, depths, near open water and/or confined spaces
- Psychometric Assessment
- Second Language Testing (when required by position)
- Medical clearance and pre-employment drug testing - to meet physical demands and safety sensitive requirements (If required by position)
- Transport Canada Marine Security Clearance (if required by position)
- Enhanced background check clearance - to meet the applicable requirements of Transport Canada Marine Security R2 Clearance (if required by the position)
Projected Start Date: 06/17/2019
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Salary range:$CAN45.34/hour (min) to $CAN50.38/hour (max)
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation endorses the principles of Employment Equity.