Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Assignment : Temporary (12 months)
Plans, performs studies and work assignments directed towards the achievement of a safe, effective and efficient operation of structures and traffic control facilities
- Carries out studies in the areas of structure and traffic control operations
- Identifies user requirements for new operational systems, tests and supports new system, develops training material, and analyzes performance;
- Evaluates, develops and implements operating methods and techniques;
- Plans and carries out internal ISO audits;
- Prepares & issues various operational reports;
- Provides primary support for the Traffic Management System and users to ensure data integrity;
- Liaises with marine, engineering and technical services, and other operational staff within the department, the Regions and outside agencies.
- Performs incident investigations when required.
- Updates operations manuals and emergency response plan.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Analytical Methods
- Incident Investigations
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages
- Advanced proficiency in applicable computer programs and related office softwares (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.)
Experience and knowledge
3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position in a marine transportation or manufacturing environment;
Experience in performing operation analysis, recommendations and user support;
Experience with database manipulation for the preparation of various reports;
- Knowledge of change management concepts and applications;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle databases and SQL Plus;
- ISO 9001 (2015) inspector certification would be an asset.
- Knowledge of iFix would be an asset;
- University degree en Applied Sciences or related field
- Valid Class G (ON) or Class 5 (QC) driver's license and insurable driving record
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to meet the applicable security clearance from Transport Canada (R2).
- Office environment but role involves some work outdoors
- Role involves travelling between SLSMC locations
- Occasional availability outside of regular working hours upon request
- Working at heights
- Linguistic - Second language oral & written (intermediate level)
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (advanced)
Projected Start Date: 05/06/2019
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Pay Grade : Salaried 36
Salary range:$CAN39.86/hour (min) to $CAN44.32/hour (max)
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation endorses the principles of Employment Equity.