Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Assignment : Temporary, 12 months
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the organizational unit Leader in meeting operational requirements and service delivery standards.
- Executes and coordinates administrative activities in support of the respective organizational unit such as gathering and recording data, preparing reports, tracking and reporting on transactions and enabling the flow of information;
- Supporting the business unit leader in time planning & management activities;
- Responds to internal and/or external inquiries;
- Ensures proper records management of Seaway files including the maintenance of electronic and physical files and proper recording of these files and destruction as per established (corporate) procedures related records management; and,
- Acts as a “super user” on office systems and provides support on these to others in their unit,
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Coworkers
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
- Communicating Effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages
- Document Preparation
- Travel Arrangements
- Information and Reporting
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of related experience (e.g. administrative and/or clerical services);
- Experience in supporting a member of senior management;
- Proficiency in computer applications, tools and related office software. (i.e. Microsoft Office, SAP etc.);
- Knowledge of the applicable procedures, rules, standards and work practices with respect to performing duties.
- High School Diploma and Post-Secondary Studies en Office Administration or related field
Projected Start Date: 05/01/2019
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Pay Grade : 33
Salary range: $36,98 /hour (min) to $ 38,20/hour (max)
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation endorses the principles of Employment Equity.